Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Certification for Teachers
A Certification Program brought to you by
We collaborated with leading experts in the field to bring you the Social Emotional Learning (SEL) certification for teachers. It's designed to build foundational knowledge and professional skills in order to apply research-based concepts of SEL theory with K-12 students.
Our goal is to create a more well-rounded, comprehensive approach to teaching and learning—especially during a time when the pandemic impacted our youth so tremendously.
Please note: You do NOT have to be a Scoir customer to enroll in the program.
Ready to Get Started?
What is Social Emotional Learning (SEL)?
Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) is an integral part of education and human development. It's the process through which all young people and adults acquire and apply the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to develop healthy identities, manage emotions, and achieve personal and collective goals. SEL helps each individual feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain supportive relationships, and make responsible and caring decisions.*
Why It's Different
This certification is built on the most current national evidence-based research and designed to tap into the unique roles and needs of adult learning through thought-provoking, highly engaging content and exercises.
Who You'll Learn From
The training is led by Kelly Dolan Sapp, a national SEL coach and trainer.
Plus, you'll hear from nationally recognized subject matter experts including:
- Leah Rock: Single School Culture Coordinator and teacher
- Kiesha Haynes: SEL leader with 10 years of education experience
- Scott McNichols: Principal, SEL mentor, and former teacher
- Lauren Peragine: ESE Administrator
- Jolissa Castille: SEL Resource Teacher supporting nearly a dozen US schools
- Amy Beckler: Licensed CSW and founder of Inner Bloom Wellness
What You'll Learn
We built this with you in mind. Each module is delivered in video format and available on-demand so you can work the program into your schedule.
10 Modules (10 videos total)
- Intro to SEL for Teachers
- Building Supportive Climate and Culture
- Intro to the Morning Meeting
- Explicit Instruction in Morning Meeting
- Shared Agreements
- Voice and Choice in the Classroom
- SEL and ESE
- Caring Conversations for Teachers
- The Power of the Classroom Peace Place (Safe Space)
- Academic Integration and SEL
1 Brief Quiz
Total time investment: 10 hours (not including quiz time)
FREE downloadable slides for reference
On-demand access to video content at any time