Senior Software Engineer
Permanent | Full-Time | Remote *
Scoir provides a software platform that expands college access and improves student outcomes. History shows that higher education is the surest path to expand opportunities for advancement in life, yet far too many high school students fail to realize those opportunities. Scoir simplifies college research and application decision-making with beautifully designed software that engages, informs, and facilitates interaction among students, parents, counselors, and colleges. We are a for-profit social enterprise, meaning our positive social impact is equally as important as financial return, and we’re just getting started in our quest to completely reform college admissions.
Scoir is a high-paced environment but you will have some flexibility as to when and where you get your work done. We care for our employees and their families and treat them as we would like to be treated. You will be challenged. You will be rewarded. You will be welcomed here.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work within a multidisciplinary team of product managers, designers, and engineers to develop applications for Scoir’s college admissions network.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Expertise with one or more modern programming languages (Go, Java, Python, etc).
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL database technologies
- Experience with a public cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Willingness to serve as a generalist working on the frontend and the backend; doing what it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrated awareness of industry best practices and trends
- Positive energy and a team-first mentality
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
- Develop a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies; owning and solving problems from end-to-end
- Own projects and tasks of moderate complexity
- Get a lot done with little oversight beyond high-level direction
- Provide support in your team’s area of responsibility
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as product and design
Coders, designers, marketers, checklist operators… geeks, gamers, fitness buffs, artists… we are an expanding group of talented individuals who really, really like making intuitive software that has the power to improve lives. We execute a focused strategy yet remain nimble to new opportunities. We are both opinionated and open-minded. We trust, respect, and challenge each other. We value constructive dissent. We join forces to confront challenges and celebrate achievements because success is always a team accomplishment. Scoir is a fast-paced work environment where we care about results, not hours. There will be long days but you will have some flexibility as to when and where you get your work done. We care for our employees and their families and treat them as we would like to be treated. We don’t have it all figured out, so you will have the opportunity to define processes and improve performance. You will be challenged. You will be rewarded. You will be welcomed here.
Please click below to upload a résumé and cover note explaining your qualifications and interest.
* Eligible candidates must reside in AZ, DE, FL, GA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, SC, TN, or TX and be eligible to work in the U.S.A. on a permanent full-time basis without a visa or employer-sponsorship.