Senior Product Designer
Permanent | Full-Time | Remote *
Scoir provides a software platform that expands college access and improves student outcomes. History shows that higher education is the surest path to expand opportunities for advancement in life, yet far too many high school students fail to realize those opportunities. Scoir simplifies college research and application decision-making with beautifully designed software that engages, informs, and facilitates interaction among students, parents, counselors, and colleges. We are a for-profit social enterprise, meaning our positive social impact is equally as important as financial return, and we’re just getting started in our quest to completely reform college admissions.
As a senior member of the design team, you will bring and embed your design expertise within a cross-functional product team to lead and continuously improve the experiences of your product vertical, but contribute regularly to the whole. You will leverage your broad UX toolset to bring intuitive, delightful and compelling user experiences while continuously leveling up your design peers through your contributions to process, professional critique and delivery.
WHAT YOU BRING
- You have proven design expertise, shipped products, and understand what it takes to iteratively build valuable and meaningful experiences.
- You’re a systems thinker with a knack for bringing simplicity out of the most complex.
- You’re a pro communicator and facilitator. You gain consensus, alignment and drive outcomes quickly and effectively.
- You take pride in thoughtful, high quality work, follow-up diligently and care about the outcome.
- You have awareness of industry best practices and trends.
- Your designs are consistently a shining example of completeness; people rarely need clarification on design details like hover states, edge cases, and screen sizes.
- From data to customers, you seek evidence to support your ideas.
- You can communicate project vision as well as increments with value alignment.
- You understand the tradeoffs in creating good software.
- You take full ownership of your work and responsibility for every detail.
- You maintain transparency and collaboration. You never go dark.
- You’re a humble collaborator, offering and accepting feedback with candor and grace.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
- Get a lot done
- Initiative beyond knocking tasks off a list
- Work closely with engineering, product, and business partners to continuously evaluate product options and priorities aligned with business and user needs
- Effectively support multiple work streams and manage concurrent projects
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable products
- Contribute to design processes, practices and standards for the team
- Present new design concepts and lead creative workshops or design sprint ceremonies
- Set the vision for the user experience and create a safe space for partners and stakeholders to contribute
- Rapidly produce solutions to complex UX challenges; from wireframes or prototypes to workflows and user stories, you bring the right method
- Comfortably and frequently engage stakeholders to provide clear context on project status and rationale
Coders, designers, marketers, checklist operators… geeks, gamers, fitness buffs, artists… we are an expanding group of talented individuals who really, really like making intuitive software that has the power to improve lives. We execute a focused strategy yet remain nimble to new opportunities. We are both opinionated and open-minded. We trust, respect, and challenge each other. We value constructive dissent. We join forces to confront challenges and celebrate achievements, because success is always a team accomplishment. Scoir's a fast-paced work environment where we care about results, not hours. There will be long days but you will have some flexibility as to when and where you get your work done. We care for our employees and their families and treat them as we would like to be treated. We don’t have it all figured out, so you will have opportunity to define processes and improve performance. You will be challenged. You will be rewarded. You will be welcomed here.
Please click below to upload a résumé and cover note explaining your qualifications and interest.
* Eligible candidates must reside in AZ, DE, FL, GA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, SC, TN, or TX and be eligible to work in the U.S.A. on a permanent full-time basis without a visa or employer-sponsorship.