Senior Front End Software Engineer
Permanent | Full-Time | Remote *
Scoir provides a software platform that expands college access and improves student outcomes. History shows that higher education is the surest path to expand opportunities for advancement in life, yet far too many high school students fail to realize those opportunities. Scoir simplifies college research and application decision-making with beautifully designed software that engages, informs, and facilitates interaction among students, parents, counselors, and colleges. We are a for-profit social enterprise, meaning our positive social impact is equally as important as financial return, and we’re just getting started in our quest to completely transform college admissions.
As a Senior Front End Software Engineer, you will work within a multidisciplinary team of product managers, designers and engineers to develop applications for Scoir’s college admissions network.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Expertise in building responsive user interfaces.
- Expertise in leveraging component libraries and design systems.
- Demonstrated awareness of industry best practices and trends.
- Positive energy and a team-first mentality.
- Develop Scoir’s web applications, libraries, components, and tools.
- Own projects and tasks of moderate to high complexity.
- Get a lot done with little oversight beyond high-level direction.
- Provide support in your team’s area of responsibility.
- Collaborate closely with Product Designers to create intuitive and accessible user experiences.
- Contribute to technical proposals and design reviews.
- Present at tech talks and team meetings.
Coders, designers, marketers, checklist operators… geeks, gamers, fitness buffs, artists… we are an expanding group of talented individuals who really, really like making intuitive software that has the power to improve lives. We execute a focused strategy yet remain nimble to new opportunities. We are both opinionated and open-minded. We trust, respect, and challenge each other. We value constructive dissent. We join forces to confront challenges and celebrate achievements, because success is always a team accomplishment. Scoir is a fast-paced work environment where we care about results, not hours. There will be long days but you will have some flexibility as to when and where you get your work done. We care for our employees and their families and treat them as we would like to be treated. We don’t have it all figured out, so you will have opportunity to define processes and improve performance. You will be challenged. You will be rewarded. You will be welcomed here.
Please click below to upload a résumé and cover note explaining your qualifications and interest.
* Eligible candidates must reside in AZ, DE, FL, GA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, SC, TN, or TX and be eligible to work in the U.S.A. on a permanent full-time basis without a visa or employer-sponsorship.