Permanent | Full-Time | Remote *
Scoir provides a software platform that expands college access and improves student outcomes. History shows that higher education is the surest path to expand opportunities for advancement in life, yet far too many high school students fail to realize those opportunities. Scoir simplifies college research and application decision-making with beautifully designed software that engages, informs, and facilitates interaction among students, parents, counselors, and colleges. We are a for-profit social enterprise, meaning our positive social impact is equally as important as financial return, and we’re just getting started in our quest to completely transform college admissions.
Scoir operates in a highly complex problem space. As we seek to simplify college admissions for all parties involved, opportunities are in no short supply. Product Management is tasked with performing ongoing critical analysis of a given problem space, maintaining an understanding of the needs of customers and stakeholders, and distilling efforts into clear and actionable direction for our engineering team.
As a Scoir Product Manager, you will work in close collaboration with Product Design and Product Engineering to ensure we consistently deliver value to our network of users. You will play a key role in defining, documenting, and communicating the details that inform our Product Development efforts and will represent the business and customer perspective across the development lifecycle.
WHAT YOU BRING
- You have several years of demonstrated business and/or systems analysis experience in an Agile environment, including ownership of requirements elicitation and documentation and close collaboration with software engineering teams across the development lifecycle
- You apply Systems Thinking to understand the complex space in which we operate and the complex efforts we undertake
- You are capable of seeing the big picture, while also attending to details and uncovering nuance
- You have a preference for making decisions based on sound data, but won’t shy away from efforts where this is not available
- You collaborate effectively in a cross-functional team to evaluate, define and refine Product Requirements; then iterate through the Agile lifecycle supporting the MVP
- You communicate in a deliberate and effective way, helping to bring clarity through written and verbal contributions
- You manage your own deadlines and priorities, working effectively through ambiguity
Within 1 month, you’ll...
- Meet 1:1 with members of Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Leadership
- Develop a practical understanding of the processes, tools and systems employed throughout the development lifecycle
- Gain a functional understanding of our product from the perspective of all user types—students, parents, counselors, admissions professionals—by participating in product demonstrations and new client trainings
- Actively participate in product strategy, design, and backlog refinement sessions
- Develop proficiency in all functional aspects of the Scoir platform
- Have a fluent understanding of the functional space and lifecycle in which we operate, our customer segments and how they each play into our product strategy
- Participate and assist in framing and facilitation of requirements discussions
- Collaborate in feature definition efforts and begin to contribute ideas and deliverables in collaboration with more seasoned team members
- Author user stories and detailed acceptance criteria in support of assigned efforts
- Assume a key role in maintaining the product backlog and roadmap for one of our cross-functional product development teams and guide associated development efforts
- Lead requirements gathering efforts, partnering with design and engineering to refine, build, test and deploy new features, enhancements, and fixes
- Collaborate with data analytics to evaluate product performance and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Get involved in hiring and growing the team by helping to interview candidates
- Serve as the subject-matter expert for the business needs of a given customer segment, contributing to strategic discussions and facilitating collaboration between all functional teams with confidence
- Advocate and defend decisions professionally and confidently even in the face of conflict or disagreement
- Actively contribute to discussions around process and participate in knowledge sharing to ensure healthy collaboration and growth between functional teams
- Make quick, confident decisions, but understand the threshold for when decisions require consultation from leadership
- Participate in the growth; play a key role in recruiting, interviewing and hiring to continuously improve our team
Coders, designers, marketers, checklist operators… geeks, gamers, fitness buffs, artists… we are an expanding group of talented individuals who really, really like making intuitive software that has the power to improve lives. We execute a focused strategy yet remain nimble to new opportunities. We are both opinionated and open-minded. We trust, respect, and challenge each other. We value constructive dissent. We join forces to confront challenges and celebrate achievements, because success is always a team accomplishment. Scoir is a fast-paced work environment where we care about results, not hours. There will be long days but you will have some flexibility as to when and where you get your work done. We care for our employees and their families and treat them as we would like to be treated. We don’t have it all figured out, so you will have opportunity to define processes and improve performance. You will be challenged. You will be rewarded. You will be welcomed here.
Please click below to upload a résumé and cover note explaining your qualifications and interest.
* Eligible candidates must reside in AZ, DE, FL, GA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, SC, TN, or TX and be eligible to work in the U.S.A. on a permanent full-time basis without a visa or employer-sponsorship.