Permanent | Full-Time | Remote *
Scoir provides a software platform that expands college access and improves student outcomes. History shows that higher education is the surest path to expand opportunities for advancement in life, yet far too many high school students fail to realize those opportunities. Scoir simplifies college research and application decision-making with beautifully designed software that engages, informs, and facilitates interaction among students, parents, counselors, and colleges. We are a for-profit social enterprise, meaning our positive social impact is equally as important as financial return, and we’re just getting started in our quest to completely reform college admissions.
Scoir is seeking a Product Designer to join our lean but potent Design team. A key pillar and embedded in a Product Development team, Product Design works closely and creatively with Product Management and Engineering partners to evaluate, prioritize and deliver impactful, delightful and effective solutions.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Developing mastery of the UX Design tools, techniques, and methods
- Justify ideas based on real evidence vs just intuition
- Take the time to understand our design system and lean on existing patterns
- A keen eye for detail and command of core Design principles. You dream of Gestalts, and you deliver intuitive, delightful experiences
- Take pride in thoughtful, high quality work, follow-up diligently and care about the outcome
- Value collaboration constructive feedback; the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- Have a growing awareness of industry best practices and trends
- Understand the tradeoffs in creating good software
- Experience with personalization and engagement solutions
- Seek to provide actionable feedback to others’ projects, with candor and humility
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
- Work closely with engineering, product and business partners to continuously evaluate product options and priorities aligned with business and user needs
- Deliver design solutions for complex workflows while presenting data insights and communicate complex information in simple and elegant ways
- Produce design solutions with thoughtful consideration for and communication of user needs, journeys and workflows
- Own design solutions from concept to delivery and validation
- Facilitate brainstorming and ideation sessions with cross-functional teams and end users
- Take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every detail but work closely with senior members of the team for regular feedback and collaboration
- Comfortably engage any stakeholder and provide clear context on project status and rationale
- Deliver work regularly and timely with clear understanding of its impact on the business
- Document your decision making in a way that’s clear and easy for others to understand
Coders, designers, marketers, checklist operators… geeks, gamers, fitness buffs, artists… we are an expanding group of talented individuals who really, really like making intuitive software that has the power to improve lives. We execute a focused strategy yet remain nimble to new opportunities. We are both opinionated and open-minded. We trust, respect, and challenge each other. We value constructive dissent. We join forces to confront challenges and celebrate achievements, because success is always a team accomplishment. Scoir's a fast-paced work environment where we care about results, not hours. There will be long days but you will have some flexibility as to when and where you get your work done. We care for our employees and their families and treat them as we would like to be treated. We don’t have it all figured out, so you will have opportunity to define processes and improve performance. You will be challenged. You will be rewarded. You will be welcomed here.
Please click below to upload a résumé and cover note explaining your qualifications and interest.
* Eligible candidates must reside in AZ, DE, FL, GA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, SC, TN, or TX and be eligible to work in the U.S.A. on a permanent full-time basis without a visa or employer-sponsorship.