Director of People & Culture
Permanent | Full-Time † | Remote *
Scoir is a SaaS provider of a college admissions network that expands college access and improves student outcomes. History shows that higher education is the surest path to expand opportunities for advancement, yet far too many high school students fail to realize those opportunities. Scoir simplifies college research and application decision-making with beautifully designed software that engages, informs, and facilitates interaction among students, parents, counselors, and colleges. We are a for-profit social enterprise, meaning creating positive social impact is equally as important as financial return as we work to facilitate meaningful lasting impacts.
As Director of People & Culture, you will continuously evaluate and improve strategy, policy, systems, and processes to support Scoir’s expanding team. You will oversee all aspects of the employee journey, from recruitment and onboarding to performance management and coaching, learning and development, and career pathing. You will establish a comprehensive talent development strategy, operationalize our values, activate employee engagement, and leverage your domain expertise to support leadership across all business functions to ensure teams are appropriately structured to meet growth demands.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to:
- Have at least 7 years of progressive human resources experience, preferably including both large enterprises and high growth technology organizations.
- Be a SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or have some other equivalent certification.
- Lean more heavily toward the psychology and organizational dynamics side of human resource management rather than the policy and procedures side.
- Possess expertise in recruiting, onboarding, performance management, learning and development, and employee retention.
- Be passionate about creating a positive, inclusive, mission-oriented culture.
- Proactively introduce ideas and not be afraid to make decisions.
- Naturally exhibit cheerful positivity and exuberance.
- Skillfully communicate, actively listen, practice discretion, and be empathetic.
THE EXPERIENCEWithin 1 month, you’ll...
- Assess current practices, policies, and procedures for identifying staffing needs, promoting job opportunities, reviewing candidates, integrating new team members, and harnessing talent across the company
- Assume management of pertinent vendor relationships
Within 3 months, you’ll...
- Develop proficiency in use of ATS (you’ll select) and HRIS (Gusto)
- Implement and lead recruiting and onboarding processes across the company
- Be well-versed in current benefits and have made adjustments deemed appropriate after benchmarking process
- Draft a comprehensive plan for people operations management and a project plan to roadmap modifications and enhancements
Within 6 months, you’ll...
- Have managed the successful onboarding of 10-15 new team members
- Define operational metrics and KPIs for people operations
- Implement periodic team events that broaden interpersonal relationships, promote cross-functional sharing of ideas and knowledge, strengthen employee engagement, and instill stronger personal connections with our vision and mission
Within 12 months, you’ll...
- Have your finger firmly on the pulse of Scoir’s team culture and operations
- Create a steady flow of qualified candidates across business functions to support continued business growth and team expansion
- Set a career development path to attain your personal and professional objectives
Coders, designers, marketers, checklist operators… geeks, gamers, athletes, artists… we’re an expanding group of talented individuals who really, really like making intuitive software that has the power to improve lives. We execute a focused strategy yet remain nimble to new opportunities. We are both opinionated and open-minded. We trust, respect, and value each other. We join forces to confront challenges and celebrate achievements, because success is a team sport.
Since closing our office in March 2020, our team has more than doubled and continues to expand in a 100% remote working mode. We care for our employees and their families and treat everyone as we would like to be treated. Scoir provides:
- health insurance for you and your family (we cover 100% of premiums and deductibles)
- dental insurance for you and your family (we cover 100% of premiums)
- retirement savings with 4% company matching contribution (no vesting)
- participating in employee stock option plan
- four weeks of paid parental leave
- four weeks of paid maternity leave (in addition to parental leave)
- unlimited PTO
- home office stipend
Our six principles guide how we expect all team members to act and treat one another. While at Scoir, we expect you to be:
Innovative: Creativity and innovation is not a right, but an obligation of all. We’re creating something new. Crazy ideas and alternative perspectives foster ingenuity. We try many new things (some big, some small) and fail often, but learn and improve with each.
Passionate: Positivity and enthusiasm are natural byproducts of pursuing our passions, and they are infectious. We act with urgency and precision because we believe deeply in our undertaking.
Supportive: We succeed and fail as a team; we do not indulge prima donnas. A group loyal to each other accomplishes more than any collection of individuals.
Transparent: We share openly and honestly because we trust and respect one another. Constructive criticism is more valuable than affirmation when the goal is perpetual improvement.
Audacious: Incremental change does not yield substantive improvement. To fundamentally disrupt the status quo, we must think boldly, act boldly, and be bold. We embrace risk-taking.
Tenacious: We are open-minded, but not dismayed by adversity. We pursue endeavors relentlessly because we are confident in our purpose.
Click to upload a résumé and cover note explaining your qualifications and interest.
† Part-time options greater than 30 hours per week will be considered for exceptionally qualified candidates.
* While we greatly value diversity, as a small business we are not registered to do business in every state nor do we have the resources to navigate overly-complex U.S. immigration laws. To be considered for this position, you must reside in AZ, DE, FL, GA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, SC, TN, or TX and be authorized to work in the U.S.A. on a permanent full-time basis without a visa or employer-sponsorship.