Customer Success Manager
Permanent | Full-Time | Remote*
Scoir provides a software platform that expands college access and improves student outcomes. History shows that higher education is the surest path to expand opportunities for advancement in life, yet far too many high school students fail to realize those opportunities. Scoir simplifies college research and application decision-making with beautifully designed software that engages, informs, and facilitates interaction among students, parents, counselors, and colleges. We are a for-profit social enterprise, meaning our positive social impact is equally as important as financial return, and we’re just getting started in our quest to completely reform college admissions.
We pride ourselves on exceptionally responsive support. As a Customer Success Manager, you will be our ambassador to the market and our customers’ staunchest advocate. You will own relationships with current and prospective high school customers and the primary objective of your job will be to make them more effective in theirs. You will lead online product demonstrations, conduct new customer training, respond to sometimes complex product support issues, and proactively solicit feedback and share best practices. Your observations and insights will shape our product roadmap and define engagement strategies. Accordingly, you will interact closely with all parts of the Scoir Team on a regular basis.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to:
- Be passionate about education and the opportunities it provides
- Enjoy using technology and learning new software products
- Be a skilled communicator who is equally comfortable presenting to small groups of administrators and large groups of students and parents
- Naturally exhibit cheerful positivity and exuberance
- Argue persuasively for the needs of our customers
- Be able to travel for 2-3 days a couple times a year
- Some experience as a high school counselor would be a big bonus
THE EXPERIENCEWithin 1 month, you’ll...
- Develop proficiency in the systems and processes utilized by the Customer Success Team
- Participate in product demonstrations, new customer trainings, and regular check-ins
- Learn the escalation path to appropriately handle customer feedback
- Gain a functional understanding of our product from the perspective of all user types – students, parents, counselors, admissions officers
- Actively engage in product strategy and design sessions
- Develop proficiency in all functional aspects of the Scoir platform
- Conduct new customer orientation calls and lead product demonstrations
- Understand how to troubleshoot technical issues and escalate support tickets
- Become conversant about the technical aspects of the Scoir platform and product roadmap
- Learn how to solicit a deeper understanding of our customers’ work practices in order to identify value creation opportunities
- Begin owning customer relationships
- Conduct live, web-based training sessions with new customers and guide their implementation strategies
- Build your own customer portfolio and implement periodic touch points to ensure their comfort and satisfaction with our product
- Confidently handle critical, time-sensitive support issues for customers
- Develop strong feedback loops that enable you to advocate internally for the customers’ needs
- Get involved in growing the team by helping to define roles and interview candidates
- See some of your own ideas make their way into our product and into the hands of our users
- Build credibility and trust with customers by continually demonstrating your concern for their success and by taking a disciplined approach to deliver on commitments and deadlines
- Represent Scoir at one or more industry events and be on the frontline meeting and engaging high school counselors and college admissions officers
- Facilitate quarterly discovery conversations and perform account check-ins to proactively assess the value creation of Scoir’s platform and solicit feedback for product and process improvement opportunities
- Set a career development path to attain your personal and professional objectives
Coders, designers, marketers, checklist operators… geeks, gamers, fitness buffs, artists… we are an expanding group of talented individuals who really, really like making intuitive software that has the power to improve lives. We execute a focused strategy yet remain nimble to new opportunities. We are both opinionated and open-minded. We trust, respect, and challenge each other. We value constructive dissent. We join forces to confront challenges and celebrate achievements, because success is always a team accomplishment. Scoir's a fast-paced work environment where we care about results, not hours. There will be long days but you will have some flexibility as to when and where you get your work done. We care for our employees and their families and treat them as we would like to be treated. We don’t have it all figured out, so you will have opportunity to define processes and improve performance. You will be challenged. You will be rewarded. You will be welcomed here.
Please click below to upload a résumé and cover note explaining your qualifications and interest.
* Eligible candidates must reside in AZ, DE, FL, GA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, SC, TN, or TX and be eligible to work in the U.S.A. on a permanent full-time basis without a visa or employer-sponsorship.